Skip to Services content

Surplus/Dispose of Computer

OIT will assist you with removing data on the hard drive or destroying the hard drive.  It is then your responsibility to complete the necessary paperwork and contact the appropriate department for surplusing the computer or other equipment.  OIT will not complete the surplus process for you.

If the computer is going to be surplused and the hard drive needs to be erased or destroyed:

Gdisk is a process that erases the data to  DOD (Department of Defense) compliance.  You can check-out a disk from the Help Desk, located in CM22, room 138.  One of the staff will direct you in how to run the program.

To have a hard drive destroyed and rendered non usable prior to surplusing the computer, click "Submit a ticket" and fill out the information for further assistance. 

Surplus forms can be found at